Friday, February 27, 2009

Week 21 recap

Jarrod laughs every time he sees me wearing my pre-pregnant pants held together by a hair tie... if they fit everywhere but the belly...why not still wear them! Maternity pants are expensive! And 21 weeks 6 days...growing like a weed :) Approximately 127 days to go..
Monday: Went to work as usual then went to Urban Active for the Urban Iron class I have been attending my whole pregnancy. It was a great class, felt good and didn't feel like I was straining myself at all. I have enjoyed going to the gym throughout my pregnancy and have been very cautious not to over work myself.
Tuesday: I woke up Tuesday and my body told me, "No more Urban Iron." My body was achy and sore. It wasn't my muscles that were in pain, it was more like menstrual cramps that come the day before and the first few days into your period. This didn't alarm me too much, but I did know that I would not be going to Urban Iron anymore.
Wednesday: My body was still aching and cramping, which surprised me but I still was not worried. Early in the afternoon, I had a very small amount of spotting. Then I decided I needed to call my doctor (well, Jarrod called Jim who instructed me to call my doctor). I called, talked to the nurse and she told me the doctor wanted me to come in immediately. It was then that I began to panic. I felt totally stupid for working out (apparently) too hard and causing harm to my baby.
I got to the doctor, she did an ultrasound and the baby was perfectly fine. Then she did an internal exam to check my cervix. She thought that my cervix had shortened and wanted me to get an internal ultrasound with another doctor. (fyi...according to webmd/doctor--the cervix shortens, then thins, then dilates, then you go into labor= not good at only 21 weeks) The nurse ushers me out the "short cut" and I rush to the next appointment(at a safe speed). I was then seen right away for an internal ultrasound which found that both baby and me were perfectly fine.
A huge sigh of relief...and many prayers of thanksgiving. It is so easy to take for granted a healthy pregnancy and I am even more aware of that now. I learned my lesson and according to my nurse, "per your doctors orders...NO more weight lifting until after your pregnancy!" So, walks, yoga, and swimming will be the extent of my workouts for the next 4 months.
Thursday: Back to work as normal. I went to the library and checked out a prenatal yoga dvd..not bad. Then we went on a nice long walk. Great day for a walk--50 degrees and not a drop of rain.
Friday: Beautiful temperature this rainy morning at 8:30AM (56 degrees) Unfortunately, it has dropped substantially and it is now 31 degrees! The rain will soon be turning into snow. So much for spring. Maybe next week!?
Well..that's it. Hope you all had a nice week. Enjoy your weekend!

4 comments:

  1. you look fabulous i know i wasn't wearing regular jeans at 21 wks! so good job on keeping all else normal and only belly growing. you can call and cry to me though in your last month when nothing fits !! ha!! jarrod won't have sympathy, but i will :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why did you buy pants that are too big for you? That's what's wrong with the youth of America, walking around showing their mess! KIDS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ?? hahaha--the pants are NOT too big...they're getting too small, I can't button them (hence the rubber band) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. CALLLIII you are soo big (in a good way of course). i wish i was there to see you! and i heard about your scare from mom and i was terrified and praying for you! im glad that you and baby are ok :) i cant wait to see you in person calli marie! i love you and tell the babes i love her or him. you are the best.

    who is the anonymous person by the way?

    ReplyDelete