After removing the cupboards over the kitchen island and taking the upper cabinet doors off.. I decided I needed to take a picture so we could see what we came from in the end.
Before kitchenLaminate countertop, backsplash and faux woof cabinets. Backside of island had extra doors and drawers that needed to be removed.

A month of no cabinet doors created another fun play space for Beau (and the girls).
First, I painted out the cabinets. I used plywood as the new backing to the kitchen island and then created a board and batten look with the help if Norm the Amish builder. New sink, faucet and granite counter were next. And then topped it off with a new paint job from ceiling to baseboard trim. Lastly waiting on the grout for the backsplash and finishing the tile on the desk wall.
So here it is... I could be happier!
If you're curious why our project was named stingray here it is: our house was built in 1974... The '74 corvette was named "stingray" and now you know the rest of the story.





No comments:
Post a Comment