Thursday, September 27, 2012

Want to do our projject?

Well, it's another sick day at the Rapalje household. Both girls have had barking coughs and runny noses for a week now. I have considered going to the gym and bible study today, but the thought of another kid getting what these girls have and then their mother having to sit inside all week (like we have) has stopped me. 

Loralei calls taking pictures with the webcam-- "Facing me and you"..not sure why she calls it that.  Poor Violet looks terribly sick here..
 

Next, we took a trip to Lakeshore Learning store. We needed to get a few supplies for our art projects for the day. As we drove, I told the girls that our goal of our art project today was to find hidden beauty in God's creation. 

Project 1: Painting with apples and beets. We cut the apple in half and Loralei found the star in the middle. This was the first "hidden" beautiful thing that we found in God's creation. Loralei said, "I never knew it was there" :) The stamping part didn't work out as well as I thought it would. The paint was maybe too thick to see the star very well on the paper. Next we cut open the beet. The vains were "sooo tool (cool)"  said Loralei. Before using the paint, she stamped the beet right onto the paper for a very fun look. Lastly, she asked if she could paint her hand and make hand prints. Of course that turned out great. So glad that I bought the tempura paint that was washable.

Project 2: Leaf Collection and Collage. Yes, I know I know might not be the best idea to take sick girls outside BUT we bundled up with hats and winter jackets. Hahaha..probably overdressed, but I was fine with that. It was also really nice to get some fresh air!

So, off we went to find the most beautiful leaves. As we walked, Loralei took my hand and said, "We are holding hands because we are friends." ahhh...I love that girl.  :) Made my day. Once we got what we thought was enough material, we came inside and dumped our our leaf collection. Lots of good stuff. Loralei arranged the leaves on the contact paper. She was very proud of her finds. 






on the hunt for the leaves with her pink collecting bag.
hand prints 

leaf collage in the window






No comments:

Post a Comment