Monday, March 16, 2009

Weekend Highlights

Friday: Beautiful weather and short day at work!! I called up Jarrod around 3:45 to let him know I had gotten off work early and would love to pick him up from work when he was finished. I was pretty sure if I got myself all prettied up, he would take me on a date...so that's just what I did.
First, I stopped at Gap to buy a new pair of pants. I have come to the conclusion, that the jeans that I wear (almost everyday) are too flared at the bottom, which is making me look even shorter/wider. ha...soo, I entered the store with my 2 gift cards in search for the perfect pair of jeans. After looking around for a bit, I actually found my size AND it was the ANKLE length (a very rare find--most gap stores only carry the Regular length!) So happy, I bought them and headed home to start getting ready. (curled my hair, did my makeup and got dressed)...
Just as I thought, Jarrod saw me all dressed up and wanted to take me out on a date! So, after several minutes of discussing WHERE to go, Jarrod decided on the place. CHEESECAKE FACTORY!! Oh, what a treat!! We shared our 3 favorite favorite things: The Chicken Madera, salad AND The Brownie Cheesecake! AMAZING!! We had a great time :)

Saturday: Jarrod studied all morning/afternoon. I ran errands. Then Jarrod and I worked on the baby's room--pulled up the tack board from the carpet and cleaned out the room. It is starting to looking great. I had promised Mr. T we would take him for a walk, so after we finished our work we took a nice long walk. I love it when we walk around the neighborhood across the way from us because it consists of single family homes mainly and it seems more like a neighborly neighborhood! We returned home, made a salad for dinner and then watched the movie, Batman Begins.

Sunday: Church (a great message), lunch at Heinen's and returned to 18514 for an afternoon of basking in the sun on our porch. Jarrod studied and I painted my nails and napped :) Around 4pm we decided to make the BEST purchase of the summer--A NEW GRILL!! So, off to Home depot for the grill then the grocery store for some dinner makings and we were ready for the first grilling of the season!! I grilled some zucchini and burgers, potato salad and macaroni salad(obviously for Jarrod..) and some baked beans it was a feast! What fun :)

That was pretty much it. Back to work today and I think he's got some kind of cough/cold, so it will probably be a long week. The good news is, it is going to be another sunny day in the upper 50's and tomorrow in the 60's!! The best news, we're going to Florida in 10 days :)


Have a great week everyone! Loves!


2 comments:

  1. Calli Marie, This blog made me soo happy and excited to get married :) ahhh i loved it, this sounds like such a good weekend!! i miss you and i want to tlak to you soon! please can you go to 8848 so we can talk on the phone??? i love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys started packing yet? Good new DONATO'S tonight was a 9!

    ReplyDelete